It has been a mild but very wet winter and let us all hope that 2020 will be a good growing year for everyone’s gardens. Now is the time to be planning for the spring.
No matter how small your garden is, even balconies, you can enter our Annual Garden Competition.
Entry is free of charge to all Enfield Residents.
Entry forms will be available in the spring and judging takes place from last week of June until end of first week July.
We have many categories and the judges are looking at a selection of the listing below depending on the category.
Points will be given for:
- Visual Impact (colour and design)
- Cultivation and Maintenance (free of weeds, clean paths and well pruned shrubs/bushes)
- Quality and Quantity of planting (subject to the type of garden)
- Environmentally Friendly (water butts, bird feeders, bee friendly plants etc)
- Cleanliness (litter free)
- All year interest and planting suitable for location
- Difficulty (masses of bedding plants with little else will lose points)
- Awards are given for the standard achieved. We do not have firsts, second, etc.
We have Gold standard, Silver standard, Bronze standard and there can be more than one of each standard in any category. Those reaching these standards will be invited to our Awards Presentation at the Royal Chase Hotel, in November.